Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cheese toast...for those who donot need to watch their weight


 Tomorrow, I promised to myself. Tomorrow I can set myself a goal of losing half-a Kg ever week, tomorrow I can dial that Institute which promises to “Shed 5 Kgs in 5 weeks or else your money back”. Tomorrow I can go ahead and pretend that Beetroot raita is the best tasting food in the world, second only to celery chutney. For now, I want to immerse myself into the celestial bliss called Cheese Toast.

Cheese toast

Ingredients:
Bread pieces: 2 (I use whole wheat bread, you can use any)
Garlic : 6 cloves grated
Butter : 1 tsp
Mozzarella cheese shavings: As much as you want
Oregano
Chilli flakes

You can also sprinkle basil & thyme…I donot.

How To:

  1. Butter the bread slices.
  2. Grate garlic on the slices
  3. Grate mozzarella cheese on them.
  4. Sprinkle chilli flakes and oregano.
  5. Line your baking tray with kitchen tissue (to prevent the toast from getting soggy underneath)
  6. Grill on Pizza mode for 10 mins.




You’re done !!


Hubby loves this with his evening chai J

You can also make this in a tawa. No need of adding the tissue underneath.  Just keep the tawa covered. Your toast is done when the cheese has melted. It should take around 5 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like