“How to be a connoisseur of food and still remain trim” is a book my friend M should write. Her food is always so yummy, so wonderfully flavourful and so appetizing to look at. While I always secretly wished I too had a metabolism (read: figure) like her, I was shocked to find her in a fitness clinic, for reasons diametrically opposite to mine – to gain weight ! So that’s it. Nobody is happy with herself. The dawning of the eternal truth upon me made me feel a lot better, so much better that I immediately soaked some legumes to carry a nice salad tomorrow for work. Without Dressing, and yet mouth-watering.
Moong –Matka salad( Green Moong & mothbeans salad)
Matka(moth beans) sprouts
Fruits of your choice
1. Steam or microwave moong and matka sprouts for 3-4 mins
2. Mix it with grated ginger, rock salt, chopped green chillies and any or all of the fruits like pomegranates, chopped apples, chopped grapes and chopped muskmelons.
3. Sprinkle juice of half a lemon and chaat masala. Keep aside.
4. Scrape 1 cucumber 1 capsicum and 1 tomato with a scraper.
5. Now line a salad dish with the scrapes of tomato, capsicum and cucumber. You can also add shredded lettuce leaves.
6. Sprinkle some rock salt and lemon juice.
A Add chopped fruits.
7. Now pour the sprouts mixture on the bed prepared. Garnish with some chaat masala, coriander leaves and serve.
It’s yummy. The rock salt and lemon juice soak into the scrapes, and make such a heavenly combination. Its better had 10 mins after preparation, to allow the juices of all the ingredients flow into each other.