Good friend Z has been asking me the recipe for this typically Bengali fish fry for a long time now. This s for you Z!
Fish fillets: bhetki, salmon, rawas
Ginger : ½ inch
Garlic: 5 pods
Onion: 1 small
Green chillies: 2
Bread crumbs: 1 cup
Oil for frying
- Grind the ginger, garlic, onion, green chillies, into a paste.
- Marinade the fillets with the paste, juice of a lemon, and salt. Keep for atleast 20 mins. If you are keeping it for longer, keep in the refrigerator.
- Beat the egg with a pinch of salt in a bowl large enough to fit the fish fillets.
- Spread the bread crumbs in a plate.
- Now coat the marinated fish fillets with the bread crumbs, dip it in the beaten egg and then again in the bread crumbs
- Heat oil in a frying pan or wok.
- Deep fry.
Serve with salad on the side.